Before you apply, please read all the information below, including the 'Writing your proposal' section. Applications for October 2019 entry open on 8 October 2018.
How to apply
- Check you meet our eligibility criteria
- Draft your research proposal
- Contact the most appropriate prospective supervisor(s) to discuss your draft proposal
- Submit your application online, mentioning your proposed supervisor, and uploading your research proposal. To apply for PhD Finance and Econometrics please choose P-N3P3 Finance and Econometrics. To apply for the Business and Management programme please choose P-N1Q6 WBS Doctoral Programme. To apply for the Business and Management part-time variant please choose P-N1Q6P WBS Doctoral Programme
- Upload your supporting documentation with your application (see below for required documentation).
Please note that our programme begins in October. We do not have variable start dates.
Studying for your doctorate elsewhere?
If you wish to come to WBS as a Visiting Student, you must follow the same online application procedure as for full time applications, though the start date is more flexible. You will be charged 50% of the full-time fees if your attachment to WBS is longer than ten weeks.
Supporting documentation and writing your proposal
- 18 January 2019 – You are strongly advised to apply by this date (along with all supporting documentation) if you are an overseas applicant and need funding and wish to apply for all available scholarships.
- 18 January 2019 - Apply (along with all supporting documentation) by this date if you wish to be considered for a WBS or Chancellor's Scholarship.
- 22 January 2019 - Apply (along with all supporting documentation) by this date if you wish to be considered for an ESRC Scholarship.
- 5 April 2019 – Apply (along with all supporting documentation) by this date if you wish to be considered for the second round of WBS Scholarship awards and wish to start the PhD in October 2019.
- 30 June 2019 - Apply (along with all supporting documentation) by this date if you do not need funding. This is the last date we can accept applications for the October 2019 intake.
You must ensure that you indicate all of the scholarships that you wish to be considered for in your application. You must ensure that you have submitted all supporting documentation by the deadlines above to be considered. If you require a visa we advise that you apply no less than a month before the deadline.
Writing your proposal
For more information on writing your proposal, and submitting supporting documentation to WBS, please click here.