To ensure you achieve your full potential, our CareersPlus team will support you throughout your MBA and beyond. You’ll connect your goals and values and discover the influencing, communication and leadership skills you need to deliver real impact and accelerate your career.
Our services are tailored for you and planned around our Career Management Cycle. Designed to fit in with your studies, they are delivered when you are attending residential modules and online via webinars, resources, or specially designed courses. You’ll also have access to career consultations, executive coaching and the opportunity to sign up to our award-winning mentoring programme.
Coaching and career development support
- One executive coaching session with an Executive Career Coach drawn from the WBS Coaching Panel
- A career consultation with one of our highly-trained CareersPlus experts during the programme. You may also extend your coaching relationships by purchasing further sessions
- Access to careers workshops as part of our Careers Festival, held during both residential weeks, sharing the latest thinking on career management, covering a range of topics from career transition to negotiation skills
- Skills webinars covering topics such as Salary Negotiation, Assertiveness Skills, Managing Workplace Politics, The 2 Hour Job Search, and The First 90 Days.
Sector Specialist presentations - Experienced guest speakers share first-hand industry insights. Recent sectors have included Finance, Consulting, Marketing, Energy, FMCG and Manufacturing.
- Job postings
- WBS CareersPlus website packed with resources covering all aspects of career development
- 16 lesson online Career Management module
- 360 degree online feedback tool to raise your self-awareness
- Going Global, access to international careers information
- Pay Negotiation video workshop
- VMock CV preparation platform
- Business journals and databases such as Marketline via the University of Warwick library.
Recruiter events and opportunities
- Recorded and streamed recruiter presentations - Your chance to find out about upcoming opportunities. Previous companies have included Deloitte, Jaguar Land Rover and Capco
- Recorded and streamed practitioner lectures covering topics such as leadership and influencing. Recent presenters include presenters include Dame Vivian Hunt, Senior Partner at McKinsey, and Jane Galvin, Managing Director, UK Head of Corporate Banking, HSBC.
You are also welcome to attend these events face-to-face if you are nearby.
Building your network
As part of each residential week there will be pre-planned networking sessions with a lecture delivered by a business leader. LinkedIn groups and discussion forums are an active part of your learning and you will also have unlimited access to our Professional Networks. Current networks include:
- Entrepreneurial network
- Finance network
- Global Energy network
- Life Sciences & Healthcare network
- Professional Women's network
- Strategy & Consulting network
- Technology network
- Real estate network.
We’ve created a leadership and development programme that is both integrated and comprehensive but if you’d like to focus even further on your career, you can choose to access enhanced career services for an additional cost:
- Additional executive coaching with a coach from our WBS Coaching Panel. You can choose one session for £125, three sessions for £350 or a total of six sessions for £675
- Additional bookable career consultations with a WBS Careers Manager are £50 per session
- A range of online interactive self-assessment tools start from £10
- One to one sector specialist consultations. Experts have experience in areas including consulting, marketing, manufacturing, engineering, entrepreneurship, banking and finance, SMEs, energy, leisure and retail, property management and construction, science and technology, education and social care, government, defence and security, utilities, and pharmaceuticals. These are £125 per session
- Access to our award winning Alumni Mentoring Scheme which has recently been accredited by Investors in People (IIP). You’ll be mentored by WBS alum for a period of two years, either during or beyond your studies. The programme costs £345, and allows you to explore career options, workplace dilemmas and professional development challenges with someone who has already experienced similar situations
- Face-to-face masterclasses including Dealing with the Media, Salary Negotiation, Effective Business Presentations, Assertiveness Skills and a Comedy Workshop, to ensure you’re fully equipped to manage your career for the long-term. All one day Saturday workshops cost £49.95.
Please contact CareersPlus for more details.
You may have the opportunity to participate in case competitions organised by students here and at other leading business schools. Previous MBA participants have represented WBS in the Hult Challenge in London, San Francisco and Dubai, Nespresso Sustainability Challenge, McKinsey Business Challenge, the RSM Private Equity Challenge and the Financial Times Business debates.
These intensive challenges increase your exposure to leading companies, new sectors, industry specialists and other MBAs from around the world and provide the ideal opportunity to showcase your critical thinking and problem-solving skills. Previous WBS MBA students beat off the competition from business schools including London Business School and Rotterdam School of Management Erasmus University (RSM) to secure a £5,000 prize in the WBS Healthcare Challenge, of which they donated a proportion to dementia research.