As an Executive MBA at WBS you will have access to tailor-made leadership and professional development designed around our Career Management Cycle specifically for Executives. Through tailored guidance and one-to-one coaching, we will ensure that you leave WBS feeling confident with all the skills to make your next career move. Our career services don’t stop when you complete your programme. You will still be able to access online resources, one career consultation and our Professional Interest Groups for free. You’ll also be able to participate in our career skills masterclasses and webinars on a pay as you go basis.
The following services are integrated into the programme:
Intensive leadership and development support
- Unlimited career consultations with our highly trained CareersPlus experts
- 3 x 1 hour sessions of Executive Coaching with an Executive Career Coach drawn from the WBS Coaching Panel, available at any time during the programme to suit your needs. You may also extend your coaching relationships by purchasing further sessions
- Optional workshops provided by the WBS CareersPlus team covering the following topics:
- Working in a global environment
- Negotiation skills
- Client and stakeholder influencing skills, and navigating organisational politics
- Managing your personal brand
- The first 100 days
- Advanced presentation skills for business
- Courageous conversations in the boardroom.
Recruiter events and expert insights
- Recruiter events – Opportunities to meet company representatives face-to-face to discuss upcoming opportunities. Previous companies have included Deloitte, Jaguar Land Rover and Capco
- Annual MBA networks fair – An opportunity to meet a selection of employers at WBS London, to discuss potential recruitment opportunities
- The Change Maker Series – Practitioner lectures provide an insight into different industries, and give the opportunity to network with MBA students on other programme formats. Previous presenters include Chris Murray, UK Energy Sector CEO and Chairman of APX3 Ltd; Michael Kerr, Vice President of Aston Martin; Nick Eastwood, CEO of Wasps RFC; Louise Ainsworth, CEO UK of Kantar Millward Brown; Marc Barlow, Head of Strategic Marketing at GE Healthcare
- Sector specialist presentations – Experienced guest speakers share first-hand industry insights. Recent sectors have included finance, consulting, marketing, and manufacturing.
- Job postings
- WBS CareersPlus website packed with resources covering all aspects of career development
- 16 lesson online Career Management module
- 360 degree online feedback tool to raise your self awareness
- Self-assessment psychometric tools - Discovery Insights and Strengths Profile
- VMock - CV preparation platform
- Online interview simulation
- Going Global – International Careers Information
- Pay negotiation video workshop
- Business journals and databases such as Marketline and Mintel Oxygen via the University of Warwick library
Building your network
When you become a Warwick Business School student, you will gain access to a wealth of networking opportunities including preplanned networking sessions each time you visit for a required module, LinkedIn groups and our Professional Networks.
- Our Professional Networks. Current networks include:
- Entrepreneurial network
- Finance network
- Global Energy network
- Life Sciences & Healthcare network
- Professional Women network
- Strategy & Consulting network
- Technology network
- Real Estate network
Recent Professional Network events include Demystifying Algorithmic Trading, Entrepreneurial Ideas – take them or leave them, Smart Buildings and The Economic Power of Fintech - the winners and losers
- Pre-planned networking sessions each time you visit for a required module
- Linked in groups and discussion forums
We’ve created a leadership and development programme that is both integrated and comprehensive but if you’d like to focus even further on your career, you can choose to access enhanced career services for an additional cost:
- Additional executive coaching with a coach from our WBS Coaching Panel. You can choose one session for £125, three sessions for £350 or a total of six sessions for £675
- One to one sector specialist consultations. Experts have experience in areas including consulting, marketing, manufacturing, engineering, entrepreneurship, banking and finance, SMEs, energy, leisure and retail, property management and construction, science and technology, education and social care, government, defence and security, utilities, and pharmaceuticals. These are £125 per session
- Access to our award winning mentoring programme which has been accredited by Investors in People (IIP). You’ll be mentored by WBS alum for a period of two years, either during or beyond your studies. The programme costs £345, and allows you to explore career options, workplace dilemmas and professional development challenges with someone who has already experienced similar situations
- Face-to-face masterclasses including Dealing with the Media, Salary Negotiation and Effective Business, to ensure you’re fully equipped to manage your career for the long-term. All one-day Saturday workshops cost £49.95.
Please contact CareersPlus for more details.
You will have the opportunity to participate in case competitions organised by students here and at other leading business schools. Previous MBA participants have represented WBS in the Hult Challenge in London, San Francisco and Dubai, Nespresso Sustainability Challenge, Mckinsey Business Challenge, the RSM Private Equity Challenge and the Financial Times Business debates
These intensive challenges increase your exposure to leading companies, new sectors, industry specialists and other MBAs from around the world and provide the ideal opportunity to showcase your critical thinking and problem solving skills. Previous WBS MBA students have beaten off competition from business schools including London Business School, Rotterdam School of Management Erasmus University (RSM) to secure a £5,000 prize in the WBS Healthcare Challenge which they donated to dementia research.