Whether you are looking to grow and develop within your current organisation, or transition into a different career path, our CareersPlus team will support you throughout your Executive Diploma and beyond to ensure you achieve your full potential. You’ll connect your goals and values and discover the influencing, communication and leadership skills you need to deliver real impact and accelerate your career.
Designed to fit in with your studies, our careers services are tailored for you and can be delivered either face-to-face or online through webinars, resources or specially designed courses. You’ll also have access to one-to-one career consultations with one of our highly-trained CareersPlus experts.
As an Executive Diploma participant, you will have access to a number of inclusive services, including:
Coaching & career development support
- A career consultation with one of our highly-trained CareersPlus experts during the programme. You may also extend your coaching relationships by purchasing further sessions
- Access to careers workshops, sharing the latest thinking on career management, covering a range of topics from career transition to negotiation skills
- Skills webinars covering topics such as Salary Negotiation, Assertiveness Skills, Managing Workplace Politics, The 2 Hour Job Search, and The First 90 Days.
Recruiter events & opportunities
- Recorded and streamed recruiter presentations – your chance to find out about upcoming opportunities. Previous companies have included Deloitte, Jaguar Land Rover and Capco
- Recorded and streamed practitioner lectures covering topics such as leadership and influencing. Recent presenters include Wasim Khan, CEO of the Pakistan Cricket Board and Louise Ainsworth, CEO UK of Kantar Millward Brown
- You are also welcome to attend these events if they are being held face-to-face and you are near by.
You can choose to access enhanced career services for an additional cost:
- Executive coaching with a coach from our WBS Coaching Panel
- Additional bookable career consultations with a WBS Careers Manager
- A range of online interactive self-assessment tools
- One-to-one sector specialist consultations. Experts have experience in areas including consulting, marketing, manufacturing, engineering, entrepreneurship, banking and finance, SMEs, energy, leisure and retail, property management and construction, science and technology, education and social care, government, defence and security, utilities and pharmaceuticals
- Access to our award-winning WBS Mentoring Programme, which has been accredited by Investors in People (IIP). You’ll be mentored by a member of the WBS Alumni Community for a period of two years, either during or beyond your studies. The programme allows you to explore career options, workplace dilemmas and professional development challenges with someone who has already experienced similar situations
- Face-to-face masterclasses as well as online workshops and webinars covering Dealing with the Media, Salary Negotiation, Effective Business Presentations, Assertiveness Skills and a Comedy Workshop, to ensure you’re fully equipped to manage your career for the long-term.