Information Systems & Management Group
Shweta Singh is an Assistant Professor of Information Systems and Management at the Warwick Business School, University of Warwick, United Kingdom. She received her Ph.D. in Information and Decision Sciences from the Carlson School of Management at the University of Minnesota, Twin Cities, United States. In addition, she holds a Masters in Computer Science and a Masters in Applied Economics from the University of Minnesota-Twin Cities.
Her primary research interest lies in exploring value creation through Information Technology. She uses IT outsourcing, sharing economy platforms and digital platforms as contexts to understand business value of IT. Her research has appeared in Information Systems Research, International Conference on Information Systems, Statistical Challenges in E-Commerce Research and Workshop on Information Systems and Economics. Her research has also won the Doctoral Dissertation Fellowship and the McNamara fellowship from the University of Minnesota, Twin Cities.
She is currently on the Advisory Board of 'Love the Sales'.
In relation to her research work on digital platforms and sharing economy platforms, her views have been published in E&T magazine, ComputerWorldUK, Verdict and BusinessDay.
1. Uber acquires rival in largest-ever Middle East tech deal : https://eandt.theiet.org/content/articles/2019/03/uber-acquires-rival-in-largest-ever-middle-east-tech-deal/
2. Notable technology acquisitions 2019: https://www.computerworlduk.com/galleries/it-business/notable-tech-acquisitions-2019-3691856/
3. Yes, the Lyft IPO price is high - but the reason has little to do with the ride-hailing company : https://www.verdict.co.uk/lyft-ipo-price/
4. Lyft $24bn IPO valuation 'seems high' analyst say: https://www.businesslive.co.za/bd/companies/2019-03-29-lyfts-24bn-ipo-valuation-seems-high-analyst-says/
Industry partnership and externally funded projects
1. National Science Foundation (NSF) - Institute for Mathematics and its Applications (IMA), Industry partner eBay Inc. (ebay.com)
2. Love the Sales (lovethesales.com)