Experience independent thinking in a world-class interdisciplinary environment
Our new fully-funded MRes/PhD Finance & Economics programme combines highly relevant and structured training with close mentorship from a team of supervisors, embedding you in our culture of curiosity and helping you develop and deepen your chosen area of research. We value our doctoral researchers and aim to attract students from across the globe who are independent thinkers, restless to learn more and challenge themselves. We particularly welcome applicants whose ambition is a career in academia.
Jointly run with the Department of Economics, we aim to establish our MRes programme as one of the leading programmes in Europe, supporting you to pursue a future career in top academic positions, international organisations and central banks. This programme will provide you with a thorough understanding of state of the art research techniques and in-depth appreciation of principal areas of interest for researchers in finance and economics.
Our MRes/PhD Finance & Economics programme is a full time two + four year programme (six years in total).
- Application Deadline 31 January 2023
- Start Date 01 October 2023
- Duration 2+4 years
- Location Warwick Campus
- Format Full-time
- UK Fees Fully-funded *
- EU/International Fees Fully-funded *
* See fees and funding for fees breakdown.
If you have any questions regarding the WBS PhD programme, please do not hesitate to contact the team:
Call: +44 (0)24 7652 4754
For our students, learning isn’t confined by physical walls. If you excel through independent learning and have an eagerness to learn then WBS is the place for you. The core benefits of our PhD programme include:
- A fully-funded programme and an annual stipend of approximately £18,000 per annum.
- An inspirational learning experience in a world-class interdisciplinary environment, working alongside the brightest scholars and learning from leading academics from across the globe.
- Highly relevant and structured training which is recognised by the Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC) focusing on developing your core research skills.
- Programme flexibility allowing you to tailor your studies to a particular topic you are passionate about.
Preparation for an academic or research career.
WBS has an exchange scheme agreement with Fudan University in China, where you can choose to study for a maximum period of 12 months, during your PhD programme.