Our BSc Accounting & Finance is ranked 3rd in the UK by The Complete University Guide and The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2022
This course will prepare you for your future career, enabling you to challenge the status quo and learn about key financial factors affecting businesses. You'll be able to focus your studies in Accounting, Finance or a combination of the two, depending on your future career goals.
This professionally-oriented qualification is consistently ranked highly in major UK league tables. You'll gain the skills, knowledge and confidence to operate effectively in the fast paced world of multinational companies and global financial markets.
You'll be encouraged from the outset to think critically, enabling you to analyse and interpret real life business issues in order to devise solutions, helping to prepare you for your career in accountancy, financial services, or management. You'll develop your communication, leadership and team working skills, becoming more adaptable and resilient to change.
You'll be taught by leading academics who will combine cutting-edge theory with real-world practice. We have well-established links with accountancy firms, investment banks and renowned national and international employers.
BSc Accounting & Finance with Placement Year
Our new BSc Accounting & Finance with Placement Year course enables you to put your studies into practice while learning about a particular industry. Employers often look for workplace experience as part of their recruitment process and many make graduate offers to students as a direct result of placements so this can be a great way to kick start your career!
With established links to employers across all business sectors both in the UK and abroad, our dedicated CareersPlus team are on hand to support you through the process. Find out more about our BSc Accounting & Finance with Placement Year course.
- Applications Open 6 September 2022
- Application Deadline 25 January 2023
- Start Date 26 September 2022
- Duration 3 years /4 years
- Industry placement or year abroad
- UCAS Codes:
- BSc Accounting & Finance: NN34
- BSc Accounting & Finance with Placement Year: N40Y
- Institution Code W20
- Location Warwick Campus
- Format Full-time
- UK Fees £9,250 *
- EU/International Fees £28,410 *
* See fees and funding for fees breakdown.
If you’re unable to visit why not give our Undergraduate Recruitment Team a call on +44 (0)24 7615 1111 or alternatively +44 (0)79 2053 1102, or email us at UGRecruitment@wbs.ac.uk.
A head start to an accountancy career
You'll have the option to choose modules that can lead to exemptions from a number of professional accountancy exams, a real advantage when it comes to finding a job. Please review individual websites for their exemptions.
- ICAEW The Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales
- CIMA Chartered Institute of Management Accountants
- ACCA The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants
- CIPFA The Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy
We are also a CFA Program Partner. The CFA Institute recognises the BSc Accounting & Finance degree curriculum as covering at least 70% of its Level 1 Candidate Body of Knowledge.
- We offer modules within this course which can lead to exemptions from professional accountancy exams.
- You can specialise in Accounting, Finance or a mix of the two disciplines.
- We are a CFA Program Partner, which means that our degree curriculum covers at least 70% of its Level 1 Candidate Body of Knowledge, and we are a recognised ICAEW Partner in Learning.
- You have the option to gain valuable industry experience by completing a placement year.
- You have the option to expand your business knowledge from an international perspective by spending a year abroad at one of our partner universities.