We acknowledge that we are only partially compliant with current accessibility standards as described here: WCAG.
Areas of Non-Compliance
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the non-compliances listed below.
- Duplicated and non-existent landmarks. There should only be one instance of a landmark. This may cause confusion for screen reader users who use landmarks for navigation
- Some page navigation elements are difficult to navigate using just a keyboard or screen reader
- PDF documents are not fully accessible to screen reader software
- Contrast issues. The colour contrast on some parts of our website are too low.
- Images without a description. Not all images have alternate text
- You cannot always modify the line height or spacing of text
- Some interactive components such as carousels can be tricky to navigate with a screenreader.
- Some forms currently pose some accessibility challenges to screenreader users
- On some pages the tabbing order can be improved.
- Images which are purely decorative are not identified as such
- Some of the text on the page has been styled to appear visually like a heading. This means emphasis is only visual and the heading is not defined with an appropriate HTML tag
To rectify this, we estimate that it will take approximately three months work which we believe is a disproportionate burden as the WBS website is in the final stages of undergoing a complete redesign and we have limited resources available. The new website is due for completion between May - June 2021, which, if we were to make the current site compliant, would mean significant delays to the release of the new site.
A New Site
The new site will be compliant and is, we believe, where our resources need to be focused so that we can deliver a vastly improved experience for all involved as soon as possible.
Where To Find Help
If help is needed in accessing any materials on this site, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or if you wish to discuss this accessibility statement with us please contact email@example.com.