The Accounting gateway module aims to provide you with a broad introduction to financial and management accounting from a managerial or user perspective.
Click to find out more.
Why study Accounting?
The ability to determine the financial position of an organisation and the ability to read and interpret a set of management accounts is an essential skill for anyone seeking to function at a senior level in an organisation. The Accounting gateway module aims to provide you with a broad introduction to financial and management accounting from a managerial or user perspective.
You will be assessed by a single two hour examination.
Modules you will study:
- Foundations of Accounting – first year students only
- Accounting in Practice - intermediate and final year students only.
Examples of further accounting modules you can study in future years of your course include:
- Financial Reporting 1 - This module introduces you to the global regulatory environment of corporate financial reporting and the techniques underlying current financial reporting practice.
- Issues in Management Accounting - This module is designed to further your understanding of how accounting is used within organisations.
- Business Taxation - This module aims to develop your knowledge of the different forms of business taxation.