During this interactive course, you will learn from experienced WBS faculty, who will cover a range of topics relating to leadership and innovation in healthcare.
Enhance the performance of healthcare services
Leading Strategic Innovation in Healthcare focuses on embedding leadership and innovation in practice, to assist you in the design and implementation of health service provisions within your organisation.
With an emphasis on practical application and improvement, this part-time course will span six key healthcare themes, with each of these being addressed through a mix of learning and exercises. The course content is informed by the research expertise and practical experience of our faculty and colleagues with deep experience of healthcare services, in the UK and in settings across the world. This course will be delivered asynchronously online, allowing you to study at your own pace, and at a time that suits you, wherever you are in the world.
- Start Date 24 April 2023
- Duration 6 weeks
- Location Online
- Format Part-time
- Fees £1,850 *
* See fees and funding for fees breakdown.
“As people live longer and innovation redefines the ‘art of the possible’, designing and implementing health service provision becomes ever more challenging. To respond to these challenges, we need leadership that is sophisticated and far-reaching. Leadership that draws on a wide range of insights and is developed through exposure to the broadest possible experience, in healthcare and beyond. And these capabilities need to be developed amongst the many, not the few.”
What will I learn on this course?
- Develop a contemporary and sophisticated understanding of leadership in health and care
- Understand global healthcare insights and perspectives
- Build your learning through case studies drawn from across the world, with extensive use of video interviews with leading practitioners, academics and commentators, and an interactive approach in which you will be encouraged to share your own experiences
- Explore six lessons, covering topics including leadership in healthcare, developing and delivering strategy, high performance healthcare organisations, financing healthcare, improvement and innovation in healthcare, and people; the key resource in healthcare.
Why should I do this course?
The six-week course will be delivered asynchronously through our online classroom. This will offer you great flexibility in fitting your learning around the many other demands that you face, whilst not sacrificing the benefits of interconnectedness and collaboration with faculty and fellow students.
Gain practical tools to ensure that you can apply your new-found insights in your workplace, to address key challenges.