How to access undergraduate career support while studying from home
20 April 2020
We caught up with Hilary, Undergraduate Careers Manager at WBS CareersPlus, to discuss how the careers team are supporting our students online while they are studying from home.
Here at WBS CareersPlus we continue to offer support to WBS undergraduate students throughout these challenging times of the Coronavirus. We understand that in times when some of you will have had work experience cancelled or changed and employers are re-thinking and some freezing their recruitment, students will be reconsidering their career plans and may be in need of some extra advice and support.
Well look no further, WBS CareersPlus is here to help you with everything related to careers and postgraduate study applications, even during these difficult times. Whilst the team may be working from home, we continue to offer responsive, personalised 1 to 1 support by email, phone or Skype, whatever you prefer. All you need to do is email us with your support request at email@example.com and we will get back to you to organise a suitable time.
We can help you with the following topics:
- How to continue to develop your employability and career prospects during this time
- Reconsidering your career plans and identifying alternative options – it’s okay to change your plan of action due to the current circumstances and we are here to help you through it
- What to do if your work experience / internship / placement or graduate job has been cancelled, changed or is uncertain
- Practical support with preparing for online recruitment processes, including mock online interviews and online assessment centres – online recruiting techniques will become a lot more common so it’s great to get some practice in place
- Signposting useful online careers resources
- How to network online and leverage your contacts for future career opportunities – now is the perfect time to review your LinkedIn profile (or create one if you haven’t already!)
- Identifying career opportunities
- Identifying your strengths and developing your self-awareness in adversity
Don’t worry if what you wanted to talk to us about isn’t on the list above, please do just email us with your query and we can progress from there. The main thing to remember is that we are still here to talk to – you may not be able to see us at WBS but, due to the digital world we are living in, there are still many ways to get support from us.
Whilst you may feel that the future looks uncertain and you may be questioning the best route for your graduate career, remember out of every threat comes an opportunity and you are not alone in this – please do not hesitate to reach out for further assistance and support.
Finally, I just wanted to say that from all of the WBS CareersPlus team we hope that you and your loved ones are well, and we look forward to catching up with you all soon.