Contact the Doctoral Programmes Office to find out if our PhD programme is right for you.
How to apply
We are delighted that you are interested in studying with us. We recommend you apply early as demand our MRes/PhD Finance & Economics programme is high with only a limited number of places available for our fully-funded programme.
To apply for the MRes/PhD Finance & Economics programme please choose P-N3P5, the stated course title is Finance and Economics (Master of Research). Please upload all your supporting documentation with your application. Your application documents should include the following:
- Two academic references
- Personal statement
- Your degree transcripts/certificates
- GMAT/GRE score
- English language test certificate if applicable
Our application process
Review the entry requirements to check your eligibility for the programme.
Submit your application online through the University of Warwick’s application portal. If successful at application stage, you will be invited to interview at WBS.
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted and invited to submit a short paper and attend an online interview.
Successful applicants will be made an offer subject to providing any outstanding documents or references.
Once you have accepted your offer you will receive details on how to register and enrol, and when to expect your course materials.
Applications for 2023 are now open, and close January 31 2023.
- Make sure you clearly explain how your experience has prepared you for an MRes/PhD and why you applied to the programme.
- Be prepared to talk about your research interests.
- Think about your motivation for pursuing an MRes/PhD: show your commitment to the project and think about how a PhD will help you achieve your career goals.
- Come to the interview prepared with some questions for the interviewer, the interview is as much as about you finding out more about the university, as it is about them finding out more about you.