The programme is delivered in four modules, each over four days at WBS London, so executives don’t need to divert from their usual responsibilities at work. Upon successful completion confers the qualification of Postgraduate Diploma in Strategy & Innovation from the University of Warwick.
The four Strategy & Innovation modules build and develop new thinking and transform strategic understanding over one year, with new learning immediately utilised in your own organisation between modules as well as through your final individual project.
- Creating Strategic Advantage: 22-25 September 2021
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation: 24-27 November 2021
- Strategic Choices: 9-12 March 2022
- Strategy Execution: 4-7 May 2022
Click on the module links in the drop down below to see further details of the module content.
The final component of your Executive Diploma is the individual project. The project is completed and submitted after the four core modules, though you will begin developing ideas for your project from the outset, as it is intended to be an integrating focus for your learning across the whole Diploma.
The scope of the project allows you to apply and develop your thinking from each Diploma module to a strategic challenge of your choosing. The Course Director and faculty will support you in developing the project outline and you will deliver the 6,000 word project report as the final assessment of your Diploma after completion of the modules and their assignments.
You will be required to complete written assessments, plus a further strategic project. All assignments are designed to be directly related to your own organisational context and challenges. In order to gain the qualification of Postgraduate Diploma awarded by the University of Warwick, you will need to attend all four taught modules, and pass the assessment in each module and your project.
How will we teach you?
- Peer networks and debate: Questioning, discussion and debate with a support network of peers as well as truly interactive relationships with teaching faculty
- Bespoke distance learning platform: Inter-modular support from the my.wbs platform, which is used to deliver our Distance learning MBA
- Guest speakers and practitioners: relevant and relate-able speakers from industry and practice will feature within each individual module
- Personal development and action learning: Utilising reflective practice, psychometric tools and analysis as well as learning through doing.
Learning in London, the financial capital of the world
Opened in June 2015 on the 17th floor of The Shard, WBS London houses a 100-seat lecture theatre and a smaller one at 80 seats, plus seminar rooms and space to network. In October 2017 we announced that WBS is expanding our London base to include the 13th floor, increasing our footprint at The Shard by 50 per cent.
The Shard is situated next to the London Bridge transport hub so getting to us from anywhere in London, the UK, and international locations, could not be easier.