Interdisciplinarity: Technologies, Finance, Sustainability
- UN Global Compact PRME South-East panel discussion 2019, Brighton: Trends of how Technologies and Finance tackle Climate Change.
- UN Global Compact PRME UKI Conference 2019, Leeds: Curriculum innovation in the area of Sustainable Finance and Socially Responsible Investing, with a focus on AI.
- 35th Annual Q Conference for the International Society for the Scientific Study of Subjectivity 2019, Naples: Gen Z's perceptions of factors impacting academic and employment outcomes: an adapted Q methodology study.
- National Annual Advance HE conference 2019, Newcastle: Unpicking the verbal communication and confidence gap: skills desired by employers and students alike, yet mainly unaddressed in HE in the UK.
- National Annual Advance HE surveys conference 2018, Leeds: Using Q-methodology to understand the perceptions and opinions of students or staff.
Dr. Isabel Fischer is Associate Professor (Reader) of Information Systems Management at Warwick Business School. In this role she teaches in the area of Digital Leadership, Digital Transformation, Consultancy, and Design Thinking for Digital Innovation. Isabel's research portfolio centres on the interdisciplinarity across Ethics, AI and ESG (Environmental, Social, and Governance criteria).
Previously Isabel held the positions of MBA Program Director, Director of International Affairs, and Senior Lecturer of Responsible Management Education at the University of Sussex where she was a member of the business school's management team. The Sussex MBA grew exponentially under her leadership, culminating in the School's inaugural AMBA and EQUIS accreditations.
For her teaching and her research Isabel draws on over 20 years of blue-chip corporate experience gained in senior management positions at American Express and at VISA.
Isabel received the Education and Students award in 2019 and was voted most inspirational staff member in 2017 at the University of Sussex Business School. She is a reviewer for three academic journals (Decision Sciences Journal of Innovative Education, Employee Responsibilities and Rights Journal, and the International Journal of Management Education) and an external examiner / QAA validation panel member for Aston, Middlesex and Richmond University.
Isabel holds a doctorate in education, awarded for her investigation into factors influencing students' academic and employment success, an MBA, as well as a French and a German double honours degree in European Business Studies. Isabel is a Chartered Management Institute certified mentor and coach, a certified management and business educator (CMBE), and a Senior Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (SFHEA).