What we’re looking for to study the Foundation Year
Are you feeling ready to start your undergraduate journey at WBS and embrace independence? We’ll give you the foundation for change to help realise your ambitions.
- A levels: Complete and pass three full A Levels excluding General Studies and Critical Thinking
- GCSEs: B/6 in GCSE English Language, B/6 in GCSE Mathematics and C/4 in five other GCSE subjects. Applicants with grade C/4 in GCSE English Language and grade B/6 in GCSE English Literature will also be considered
- International Baccalaureate: Completion of three subjects at Higher Level and three subjects at Standard Level, achieving a minimum of 24 points
- BTEC: Completion of BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma, to at least pass standard
- Other qualifications e.g. Complete and pass the Scottish Advanced Highers.
Please note that applicants to BSc Accounting & Finance with Foundation Year should have studied a higher level quantitative subject such as Maths, Further Maths, Physics, Calculus and Statistics.
Applications from candidates with other vocational or internationally-recognised qualifications are also welcome.
Widening Participation criteria
Please note that this course is only available to applicants eligible for Home Fee Status.
You must meet at least one of the following Widening Participation Criteria:
- Having spent time in local-authority care
- Be a refugee or asylum seeker having either limited leave to remain or are under ‘humanitarian protection’ or have been granted refugee status with indefinite leave to remain
- Living in a low participation neighbourhood (POLAR 4, quintile 1) or an area that has a high level of deprivation (Index of Multiple Deprivation, 0-20%)
- Attending a school where the average performance of students achieving 5 A*-C GCSE including English and Mathematics was below the national average and/or attending a school/college with below the national average performance at KS5 and attending a school or college with above national average entitlement/eligibility to Free School Meals.
Please use our contextual indicator checker to check whether you meet criteria 3 or 4 from the above list. Please note that we do not make contextual offers for the Foundation Course. If you are experiencing (or have experienced) other disadvantaging circumstances you may express this in an AWARDS form. This must be sent within two weeks of application (excluding holidays).
If you're an international student you may wish instead to consider the Warwick International Foundation Programme. The Warwick International Foundation Programme is a one-year course designed for international students who are looking to study in the UK and who require an additional year of study before they can apply for an undergraduate degree.