Award-winning mentoring programme open for 2017
08 March 2017
- WBS Mentorship scheme has opened its doors once more
- Students and Alumni have until 13 March to apply
- Award winning scheme has helped more than 550 students and alumni
- Scheme was awarded Investors in People in February 2016
To date, over 550 mentees have gained real value from having a WBS mentor from the WBS alumni community.
Applications for the two-year programme are open to both alumni and students, and the previous success of the programme has seen it attract more experienced WBS alumni as mentors than expected.
Therefore, the programme can offer additional places for those seeking a mentor. The revised deadline for applications is Monday 13th March. Email email@example.com for more information or go to the mentoring webpage.
The WBS Mentoring Programme webpage contains information including the online application form link, testimonials, general programme information as well as a video discussion between a mentor and mentee.
Donna Curtis, Mentoring Programme Officer at Warwick Business School, said: “If you are a WBS student or member of alumni, seeking self-development or clarity on your way forward, our Mentoring Programme can really help you.
“The two-year programme has helped both students and alumni gain real value from their mentor. WBS Mentors offer unbiased support in a confidential and safe environment."
While many mentees are students, this is primarily because they learn about the programme through their study. However, through increased expose, more alumni are now learning about the programme and discovering its benefits.
The programme is here to support both and illustrates the business school's commitment to all within its community, not just during study, but for a lifetime.
Some of the advantages of signing up to the programme include:
- A dedicated personal mentor; who is not from your workplace or family
- A comprehensive selection and matching process
- Approximately 2 hours contact a month, for 2 years with your matched WBS Mentor
- Induction / Networking event (Year 1) – This can be a face to face introductory meeting with individual mentor, or a steering group mentor or alternatively a wbsLive induction session
- Exclusive mentee network LinkedIn group
- A second networking opportunity to meet other mentors and mentees
Don't just take our word for it...
- 94% successfully matched relationships
- Over 90% of mentees from the 2015/2016 Programmes "Would recommend the programme"
Dallin Vines, 2014 WBS Mentoring Programme said: “This is an excellent mentoring programme, very professionally organised and executed, enabling mentors and mentees to exchange ideas, experience and perspectives and helping mentees with career goal setting and planning. I would not hesitate to recommend it to other alumni.”
“A very insightful experience. Helped me look at myself and challenge my assumptions. A great way to share experiences and learn from someone who is very experienced, added Samantha Sirimane, 2014 WBS Mentoring Programme
External Recognition: - The programme won a Bronze Award from the Training Journal at its annual Gala Event in 2013 and was awarded the Investors in People in February 2016.