Student article writing contest: win £500
26 February 2019
- Submit an article on a range of CSR themes
- Winning article will appear in CoBS Global Voice magazine
- £500 prize money for winner from Warwick Business School
- Register by March 20 to receive the competition guidelines
Students at Warwick Business School are invited to enter a prestigious article writing competition with a £500 prize.
The winner will also have their article published in a magazine that is read worldwide.
The competition has been launched by The Council on Business and Society (CoBS), a partnership of business schools across three continents which aims to advance responsible and sustainable business to benefit society.
One winner will be selected from each partner school, including WBS, and their articles published in Global Voice magazine.
Warren Manger, competition co-ordinator for Warwick Business School, said: "Warwick Business School is hugely proud of its students and its research, both of which are key to our outstanding international reputation.
"This competition is a fantastic opportunity for our students to find their own voice and write authoritatively on key issues of that will shape business and society for years to come. We hope they will embrace this exciting opportunity."
Articles must be between 1,200 and 2,000 words, must no have been published previously, and must be original work on one of the following subjects:
- How do migration flows contribute to economic prosperity?
- How can gender equality increase prosperity for all?
- How can companies contribute to society and make a business out of it?
- How can companies contribute to decreasing domestic violence against women?
- To what extent should companies find a balance between international CSR and local CSR practice?
- To what extent is there still a place for managers and workers in the automated workplace?
- How can companies and organisations capitalise on senior citizen knowledge and experience and vice-versa?
- What lessons can recent examples of corporate misconduct give to the responsible leaders of tomorrow?
The competition is open to all students at Warwick Business School who have a WBS email address.
Entrants must register before 20th March, 2019 by emailing email@example.com. They will then be sent a copy article writing guidelines. The deadline for articles is 31st March, 2019.
For more information visit the Council on Business and Society website.