During the course, you will gain the latest insights on experimental psychology, judgement and decision making, and behavioural science, from some of the best researchers and practitioners in the field.
Understand the science behind human decision making to solve challenges within your organisation
Addressing most issues in society, from daily challenges to complex problems, requires an understanding of how and why people behave the way they do in relation to themselves and others. Behavioural science has revolutionised how we approach these problems by challenging traditional models of behaviour and providing a more realistic understanding of what drives our decisions.
Behavioural Science in Practice is an immersive course run by Warwick Business School and the Behavioural Insights Team. Over the three-days of face-to-face learning, you will be introduced to key principles from behavioural science and how to apply them to real world problems.
- Start Date 10 May 2023
- Duration 3 days
- Location London - The Shard
- Format Part-time
- Fees £3,900 *
* See fees and funding for fees breakdown.
“Behavioural Science is the scientific approach to individual behaviour applied to understand social and economic phenomena. Its methods are, to some extent, experimental, drawing significantly on psychology, economics and neuroscience. Our aim is to understand the mechanisms inside individual people and how those mechanisms apply out in aggregate behaviour – so how they affect social behaviour, how they affect markets and the economy at large.”
What will I learn on this course?
- Uncover the drivers of choice and human decision making by exploring key findings of behavioural science and cognitive and social psychology
- Understand how, when, and why human behaviour deviates from “rational” economic models, and learn how to apply that to different business sectors
- Learn how behavioural science has been applied in practice by public and private sector organisations
- Build the skills to design a behavioural science intervention that can tackle a live problem, with reference to your own sector
- Improve your solutions based on feedback and guidance from world-leading experts, producing a revised and improved intervention.
Why should I do this course?
You will learn about the key principles in behavioural science, and how to apply them to research, design and test ideas. The course emphasises practical application, so what you learn is directly transferable back into your workplace.
The course is taught face-to-face over three immersive days at The Shard, London. This will include guest speakers, who will share their experience of using behavioural science in their organisation.