Initiatives & Successes
We have worked hard to deliver on our bronze action plan and progress our work even further. Here are some highlights of activities and achievements in this area.
- WBS has developed a fully transparent workload model that enables us to measure workload by gender, and allocate work fairly.
- The creation of a gender balanced staffing committee responsible for key staffing decisions such as merit pay, senior staff review, promotion and study leave.
- We have created a ‘future leaders board’ designed to give junior academics experience of managing projects in higher education.
- We have extended our staff mentoring program, which previously supported only Assistant Professors, which has meant that 34 midcareer female academics are now supported and championed by a senior academic mentor.
- We have introduced a Talent management programme to support Professional Services staff to develop their careers.