MPhil/PhD Business & Management
Please read the University of Warwick's prospective student update on Covid-19. You can also find specific information for prospective researchers from the Doctoral College here.
Before you apply, please read all the information below, including the 'Writing your proposal' section. We also recommend that you read our Frequently Asked Questions. Applications for October 2021 entry are now open.
How to apply
- Check you meet our eligibility criteria
- Draft your research proposal
- Contact the most appropriate prospective supervisor(s) to discuss your draft proposal
- Submit your application online, mentioning your proposed supervisor, and uploading your research proposal. To apply for the MPhil/PhD Business & Management programme please choose P-N1Q6 WBS Doctoral Programme. To apply for the MPhil/PhD Business & Management part-time variant please choose P-N1Q6P WBS Doctoral Programme
- Upload your supporting documentation with your application (see below for required documentation).
Please note that our programme begins in October. We do not have variable start dates.
Studying for your doctorate elsewhere?
If you wish to come to WBS as a Visiting Student, you must follow the same online application procedure as for full-time applications, though the start date is more flexible. You will be charged 50% of the full-time fees if your attachment to WBS is longer than ten weeks.
Writing your proposal
For more information on writing your proposal, and submitting supporting documentation to WBS, please click here.
Please be aware that you must hold an offer from the University before you can be considered for our scholarships.
- 21 January 2021 – You are strongly advised to apply 8 weeks before this date (along with all supporting documentation) if you are an overseas applicant and need funding and wish to apply for all available Scholarships (including the Chancellor's Scholarship).
- 21 January 2021 - Apply (along with all supporting documentation) by this date if you wish to be considered for an ESRC Scholarship.
- 9 April 2021 – You are strongly advised to apply 8 weeks before this date (along with all supporting documentation) if you wish to be considered for the second round of WBS Scholarship awards and wish to start the MPhil/PhD Business & Management programme in October 2021.
- 30 June 2021 - Apply to the MPhil/PhD Business & Management programme (along with all supporting documentation) by this date if you do not need funding. This is the last date we can accept applications for the MPhil/PhD Business & Management programme for the October 2021 intake.
You must ensure that you indicate all of the scholarships that you wish to be considered for in your application and that you have submitted all supporting documentation in order that your application can be processed. If you require a visa, we advise that you apply no less than a month before the deadline.